Back of the North Wind

Discussions of theology, philosophy, religion and life inspired by the writings of George MacDonald (and perhaps others such as CS Lewis) posted by "recovering fundamentalists".

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I am a "recovering fundamentalist". The trick is to figure out how not to throw out the Baby with the bathwater. I learn through dialogue, and so invite commentary on my posts to Back of the North Wind.

Friday, November 12, 2004

"We interrupt this blog-cast"

While most of everything written here will be inspired by George MacDonald or themes related to him and disciples of his such as CS Lewis, I cannot help but advertise some beautiful poetry written by Brandon Watson on the Siris blog. George MacDonald wove a lot of poetry into his writings -- poetry which I find much more enjoyable than most of what I read from contemporary authors. (Not that I'm well read!) But Brandon is writing poetry with symbol, rhythm, alliteration, rhyme and redemption. Thoroughly enjoyable both in sound and meaning! Especially The Good of Sorrow and Naked.