Back of the North Wind

Discussions of theology, philosophy, religion and life inspired by the writings of George MacDonald (and perhaps others such as CS Lewis) posted by "recovering fundamentalists".

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I am a "recovering fundamentalist". The trick is to figure out how not to throw out the Baby with the bathwater. I learn through dialogue, and so invite commentary on my posts to Back of the North Wind.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

GMD on my Kindle!

I am now a happy "early-adopter" of the Kindle. Didn't feel that early as I was on the waiting list for awhile, but my Kindle says it thanks me for being an early adopter. Anyway, I decided to buy the Kindle when I did a search on the Amazon Kindle store and found my favorite George MacDonald books all available in Kindle format, and fairly inexpensive as well. (I really don't mind paying for these books more than once.)

Now that I have my Kindle, I find it really works well: the e-ink technology really is relaxing on the eyes, just as everyone seems to be saying it is, and the device just seems to disappear in your hand and let you focus on reading. It doesn't take long before I forget that I'm holding a reader and not a bound set of pages.

But the point of this post was my discovery this morning that all GMD works are available free online (I knew that -- it's a link on this blog) AND in Kindle format. Here's the Manybooks.net link. Kindle format is the first option in Manybooks.net's list of download formats.